Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading trouble

Mid-2013 or mid-2012 macbook pro running Mojave 10.x

Cannot download apps like firefox, chrome, seagate toolbox.

Can download photos, documents.

Have run Disk Utility.

Got anything else?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 9:49 AM

5 replies

Jan 21, 2021 10:01 AM in response to OlderMac1

OlderMac1 wrote:

Mid-2013 or mid-2012 macbook pro running Mojave 10.x
Cannot download apps like firefox, chrome, seagate toolbox.
Can download photos, documents.
Have run Disk Utility.
Got anything else?

There should be no question whatt Mac this is...(?)

Apple menu upper left corner >About this Mac

The stable release of Mojave macOS is 10.14.6

Combo update 10.14.6 https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2010?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Verify your software is up to date.

Old problem, new problem, what changed?

How much free storage space do you have on your hard drive?

Have you tired rebooting the machine?

please advise...

Jan 21, 2021 9:59 AM in response to OlderMac1

Not much to go on here. Going to need more details.

For a start you list two model years - is that because you have two machines? or because you're unsure of which year your system relates to?

Assuming it's just vagueness on a single device's model year, next question is what happens when you try. "Cannot download" is pretty vague. Does the download start but not complete? Does it complete but the file is corrupt? or never start? or maybe you get an error message? or... or...?

You need to give us some kind of idea of what you're seeing in order to help troubleshoot this.

You say you can download photos and documents, so it's only applications that are affected? Are you downloading from individual web sites or via the App Store?

What about the network you're on? Is your system managed by some kind of enterprise network management system or IT department? This could be blocking downloads from 'unknown' sites, or restricting what can be installed on the system.

So lots of possibilities, and more info is needed.

Jan 21, 2021 10:37 AM in response to leroydouglas

Many thanks. One Macbook Pro mid-2012.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Can download PDFs, jpgs

Apps: Downloading from individual sites: Cannot install.

App Store: Cannot download new apps. Message says We cannot complete your purchase. Nothing asks me for my Apple ID--I'm pretty sure I entered it recently.

App Store: Can download install and run updates on existing apps.

iTunes: I can download music and podcasts.

When I try to download Chrome at https://www.google.com/chrome/ and choose Mac with Intel chip, Download arrow at top right of screen flashes, but when I click on Download arrow message reads: googlechrome.dmg Zero KB of 100.1 MB - stopped

Same message appears when I click on the Do Again icon in same message window.

Have tried rebooting.

Home system, one computer, Comcast.

20 gigs free on hard drive out of 120.

I know you want to know what changed ... I've been downloading more movies, trying to sort through photographs using Mac Photos 4.0.

Thanking you in advance--

Jan 21, 2021 10:39 AM in response to Camelot

Many thanks. One Macbook Pro mid-2012.

MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Can download PDFs, jpgs

Apps: Downloading from individual sites: Cannot install.

App Store: Cannot download new apps. Message says We cannot complete your purchase. Nothing asks me for my Apple ID--I'm pretty sure I entered it recently.

App Store: Can download install and run updates on existing apps.

iTunes: I can download music and podcasts.

When I try to download Chrome at https://www.google.com/chrome/ and choose Mac with Intel chip, Download arrow at top right of screen flashes, but when I click on Download arrow message reads: googlechrome.dmg Zero KB of 100.1 MB - stopped

Same message appears when I click on the Do Again icon in same message window.

Have tried rebooting.

Home system, one computer, Comcast.

20 gigs free on hard drive out of 120.

I know you want to know what changed ... I've been downloading more movies, trying to sort through photographs using Mac Photos 4.0.

Downloading trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.