Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set Priority App/Step Counter with Apple Watch and Fitness Apps (Including Steps)

Seems that a big problem in the Apple Watch community is that fitness apps that record data don't seem to show up in your stats... yet they do show up as recorded. I was stumped... but then I think I found the answer! For the statistic in question in Apple Health App>Show All Health Data>Stat(e.g. Steps)... scroll to the bottom and tap 'Data Sources and Access'. Now for the OMG moment... tap edit in the upper right hand corner, scroll down to your data sources, and tap and drag the priority order for your apps/devices! Apple will use the top stacked option to account for data.

This was key... especially for the walking treadmill desk folks who don't move their arms :)

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 11:20 AM

Old news I'm afraid

see How Health handles data from multiple sources

Similar questions

1 reply

Set Priority App/Step Counter with Apple Watch and Fitness Apps (Including Steps)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.