Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro - 2019

Hi Folks, wanted to know I have been playing Fifa in the new MacBook Pro from switching to window., Fan running at full speed, Does this damages the laptop? or will it give me problem in the future? please let me know!

Thank you.

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 6:03 PM

Everything you have described shows me the laptop is working as it should.

Technically when things get hot it puts stress on the components and will technically cause them to wear faster than when running at lower temperatures, but your laptop has multiple safety protections built-in to keep the laptop running within acceptable thermal limits. How much will it shorten its life is unknown, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. You really should not worry about it. Use your laptop as you see fit. An unused laptop is a waste.

Keep in mind when the CPU is running at 100% utilization it will cause the battery to drain quickly. Even if the laptop's charger is being used the battery may not charge or if it does charge it will be charging extremely slowly since all (or most) of the power from the charger is going to power the laptop to keep it running at full speed. When you are running the CPU at 100% and the fans are also running at top speed you may see the laptop stutter & lag as the CPU is being throttled in order to lower its temperature (the CPU goes from running as fast as it can down to a slow idle so you will notice a difference in some situations especially gaming).

Booting into another OS will not hurt your laptop either. Many users run multiple operating systems on a Mac.

Just enjoy your laptop.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 6:03 PM in response to atul43

Everything you have described shows me the laptop is working as it should.

Technically when things get hot it puts stress on the components and will technically cause them to wear faster than when running at lower temperatures, but your laptop has multiple safety protections built-in to keep the laptop running within acceptable thermal limits. How much will it shorten its life is unknown, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. You really should not worry about it. Use your laptop as you see fit. An unused laptop is a waste.

Keep in mind when the CPU is running at 100% utilization it will cause the battery to drain quickly. Even if the laptop's charger is being used the battery may not charge or if it does charge it will be charging extremely slowly since all (or most) of the power from the charger is going to power the laptop to keep it running at full speed. When you are running the CPU at 100% and the fans are also running at top speed you may see the laptop stutter & lag as the CPU is being throttled in order to lower its temperature (the CPU goes from running as fast as it can down to a slow idle so you will notice a difference in some situations especially gaming).

Booting into another OS will not hurt your laptop either. Many users run multiple operating systems on a Mac.

Just enjoy your laptop.

Jan 21, 2021 8:28 PM in response to atul43

Heat is always bad, but recent Macs will lower the CPU frequency to cool the CPU once the fans are unable to keep the system temperatures below a critical level. If you don't notice any performance issues with FIFA, then the cooling system has not been overloaded. You would definitely notice if the CPU has become throttled since the CPU speed will drop from about 3GHz to 800MHz. At the very least you would see some stuttering in the game if this happened.

Jan 22, 2021 8:38 AM in response to HWTech

Many Thanks HwTech for getting back to me. I have a new Mac Pro 2019 edition.

Yes recently I can see in the game it's stuttering. I was wondering will this cause damage in the hardware?

Sometimes Fan is been running at full speed but it cools down to normal. I have heard sometimes fan does makes noice but after restarting laptop the sound stops, is this something I should worry about?

Could you please tell me are these signs of laptop , that I should worry about in the future?

eg -

Fan running at full speed

Fan making noice sometimes

Battery heating up

Battery not lasting long as expected

Laptop Lagging

Using Bootcamp always switching to windows.

Please let me know really apprecited Thank you!

MacBook Pro - 2019

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.