Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp

I am using macbook air year 2014, with macOS Big Sur updated. I have partition 30 GB for Windows, and not enough space for install any anti virus on it, so I installed Avast on my mac, and it works on mac. But when Antivirus detected that some unsecured threats found on Windows (boot camp), the antivirus can not resolved the threaths, the notificatios says: "sorry, we could not move this files (threats) to Virus Chest. The files might be protected". What should I do in Windows (boot camp) so then the Avast can resolved the threats on it?

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 8:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:09 AM

Can you reduce the macOS storage and move large files to external storage? Windows on external storage is not supported by Apple/Bootcamp.

You may also want to consider a Virtual Machine running Windows as an option, instead of a Bootcamp/WIndows installation.

4 replies

Jan 21, 2021 9:47 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you.

I only have 128 Gb in my storage, which is 30 Gb for Windows and 98 Gb for Mac. I have tried to enlarged the allocation for Windows, but Mac won't give the space for it. Mac it self needs space at least 90 Gb. My files on Windows only take less than 1 Gb. Should I try remove and re-install Windows and install AV in both OS? Or may be I should installing Windows in external HD, if 30 Gb space still does not enough for Windows and AV and remove Windows for good in Mac?

Boot Camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.