Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failed to find any displays

I have the Mac Mini M1 and just installed the software for x-rite i1Display Pro Plus (https://www.xrite.com/categories/calibration-profiling/i1-solutions/i1display-pro-plus), calibration tool for monitors.

When I try to calibrate my monitor I have the following error message.

"Failed to find any displays. Please make sure you have the correct license filed installed".

I have reached out to x-rite support and they advised the following:

"I have only had this error on PC’s, and it is normally out of date video drivers being disabled by Windows"

They are also investigating internally.

The monitor, ASUS PB279Q is connected to my Mac Mini M1 via a USB-C to DisplayPort cable. I have also tried HDMI to HDMI cable but it has the same error message.

Is there a way to check if it is a hardware issue or it is a software related issue?

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 1:28 PM

It seems that X-rite is aware of it.

"As of the this publish date (12/15/2020), none of our X-Rite software applications will work with the new Silicon Macs (with the Apple M1 chipset) that happen to also have Big Sur installed. The i1Profiler and i1Studio apps will not detect a display and CCCC 2.2.0 will not open on Silicon Macs. The X-Rite Software Development Team is committed to have a solution for the Silicon Macs in Q1 of 2021."

Similar questions

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 1:28 PM in response to xiled007

It seems that X-rite is aware of it.

"As of the this publish date (12/15/2020), none of our X-Rite software applications will work with the new Silicon Macs (with the Apple M1 chipset) that happen to also have Big Sur installed. The i1Profiler and i1Studio apps will not detect a display and CCCC 2.2.0 will not open on Silicon Macs. The X-Rite Software Development Team is committed to have a solution for the Silicon Macs in Q1 of 2021."

Mar 28, 2021 4:10 PM in response to waymcg10

I just followed above link to new compatible downloads, but it seems only i1 Studio Pro was updated, not i1 Display Studio (which, of course, is the one I own). It's still showing the last upgrade as date as Version 1.5.1 and the last update 10/10/2019. I downloaded and tried 1.5.1 this morning and had the same error message.

Mar 28, 2021 9:51 PM in response to waymcg10

on the one page they say:

Software download for i1Display Pro and Pro Plus – The i1Display Pro and Pro Plus instruments use i1Profiler software (not i1Studio software). To download i1Profiler software for your i1Display Pro or Pro Plus instrument, please go to: xrite.com/geti1Profiler  and please also take the opportunity to register the product here for warranty and prompt on-going support.

check that, it appears to be saying that there is an M1 version on that page

Mar 28, 2021 9:51 PM in response to waymcg10

Check this, it appears to be a link to the M1 version of i1Profiler which the Pro line uses:

Software download for i1Display Pro and Pro Plus – The i1Display Pro and Pro Plus instruments use i1Profiler software (not i1Studio software). To download i1Profiler software for your i1Display Pro or Pro Plus instrument, please go to: xrite.com/geti1Profiler  and please also take the opportunity to register the product here for warranty and prompt on-going support.

Mar 29, 2021 1:55 PM in response to K.B.

I'm sorry but when I use that link it does take me to the download page and it does, in fact, include the i1Display Pro download, which was updated a few days ago on 3/16/21, the i1Display and the i1Display Studio these are both the old versions 1.5.1 and are dated 2/27/20 and 10/10/19. These versions became available a year or more before the M1 chips became available. I've tried them both and still get the "Can't find any displays ..." error message. What am I missing here?

Mar 30, 2021 7:34 AM in response to Jeannot10

Hey, thanks, I'm going to try the same. Ya know, I don't understand it. It's one thing for these developers to be slow updating something, but it's another when they make it a secret. It's like defensiveness on a grand scale. Meanwhile, users, their loyal customers, have to scramble all over the place to try to figure it out. Just doesn't make sense to me. Sorry for the rant.

Failed to find any displays

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.