Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LBC radio has stopped working in Apple music

The main LBC channel has stopped working and causes issues when you try to load it. the local variants of the channel eg LBC manchester seem to be ok.

if you try to load the main :LBC channel it crashes apple music app on iMac. on iPhone it shows as playing but has no sound.

on HomePod if you ask Siri to play it she says she is is playing "lbc" with no sound. She used to say she was playing "LBC radio from tune in by global". Home pod also seems to activate it on the iPhone with mirroring to HomePod but again no sound on either device.

all very weird and needs fixing for us LBC saddos:)

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 4:38 AM

22 replies

Jan 24, 2021 3:23 PM in response to Daniel.15

Hi Daniel.15,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you're having some trouble playing a specific radio station via Apple Music. Do you still experience the same behavior if you deauthorize your Mac then authorize it again? You can find the steps to do so outlined here: Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases

Let us know if this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 25, 2021 3:30 AM in response to Daniel.15

Oh that's interesting. No definitely still not working today. Though I think it might be different for different people. I listen most days and have noticed posts about it not working at times over the last few months, but it's only been failing for me for about the last week.

It happened very suddenly and when it happened and I tried the stream again, the LBC album art changed from the blue background to white. Don't know whether that has anything to do with it as maybe it coincides with some sort of update that was pushed out which is causing an issue.

Jan 26, 2021 8:15 AM in response to Gilb2406

I am suffering the same issue for around a week now. The work around via LBC Manchester has this afternoon now stopped. When trying to play LBC in Apple Music there is no sound at all. When asking Siri it now defaults to LBC news and not the main station. Is this an Apple Music issue rather than a tune in issue. Either needs to be fixed. I can cast from the global app from phone to the HomePod but that defeats the object as uses battery power from phone to do so.

Jan 27, 2021 2:51 AM in response to Martin78Hill

Anyone noticed a similar thing when you try to listen via Global Player in a web browser? When I try, I have to refresh the page like 10 times before it works. When I hit play, a new frame comes up showing the LBC logo and just stays there. Doesn't do anything more and it doesn't play. After refreshing and trying again constantly, it will eventually go away and start playing.

Wonder if the player and Apple Music are pulling from the same source.. (TuneIn?)..

Feb 10, 2021 2:54 PM in response to Gilb2406

It keeps dropping in out with the blue screen icon, sometimes it shows as blue or white, when white no sound simply doesn’t play. Issue remains when asking Siri to Play LBC UK on the HomePod it always plays LBC news UK not the main station. Current work around is play on phone first then hold phone over HomePod so it’s transferred and then can close music app on phone. Ideally it should just work by asking Siri to play LBC UK which is provided by tunein.

Mar 23, 2021 11:16 AM in response to Daniel.15

I started having this issue across all of my Apple devices the other day. Just weird. Like other posters have observed, LBC News is still available. It's definitely not working on my HomePods, iOS devices or Macs. I first noticed when the HomePods started playing LBC News, rather than the main LBC channel. The only thing that I haven't tried is the Apple TV, but I can't imagine that it will be any different. The station still shows in Apple Music on my iOS devices and Macs, but it just hangs when you try playing it.

Mar 24, 2021 7:51 AM in response to amaninspired

Yep, same with me across all devices. I can confirm that it doesn't work on ATV 4K, iPad Pro, iPhone 11pro max, and my AW 5 either.

It's so weird, it sometimes comes up as blue when I open the Music app and it's there in recently played, then I know that it will work. But if that blue logo isn't there it doesn't work at all. It's very frustrating because I enjoy having it on the TV in the background while I work but has just been so temperamental the last couple of months. Hopefully we see a fix soon.

LBC radio has stopped working in Apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.