Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphones / Boom Mic work with apps but not with telephone

I can use my hard wired headphones / boom mic to listen to podcasts or participate in Zoom or MS Teams conference meetings successfully. But when I try to use it for a telephone call it won't work. I am using a iPhone XR with an adaptor that goes from lightning connector to 3.5mm connector for the headphone set.

I tried this link and it was not a help. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203026

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Ron

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 6:11 AM

1 reply

Jan 24, 2021 4:49 PM in response to Ron045

Hello Ron045,

It sounds as though you're having issues with a headset not working as expected when taking phone calls, but no issues when using the headset for other apps and features on your iPhone. With the description you provided it sounds as though it may be setting related. If you're on a traditional phone call you should see a speaker icon with the word Audio beneath it. If you tap on this icon are you able to choose a different output such as speakerphone, or the headset? If so, tap the headset to see if the issue continues.

You can also change the audio settings from within the Control Center. Those steps can be found in the following article.

Access apps, settings, and features from Control Center

Have a great day!

Headphones / Boom Mic work with apps but not with telephone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.