Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air drop not working with Big Sure and iPhone

I have tried the various suggestions to solve the airdrop problem between my brand new iPhone 11 and my newly updated to Big Sur MacBook Pro. None of them have fixed the problem. The one that has you Turn off wifi and bluetooth, turn them on and reboot works temporarily, but I can't reboot every time I need to transfer photos. I looked at one solution that suggested turning off bluetooth, removing .com.apple.blutooth.plist from the library, turning bluetooth back on, rebooting, but could not find the file.

Is apple working on a solution and if so when is the new upgrade due. This is a frustrating problem .

Does anyone have another suggestion?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 8:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 10:46 AM

Is apple working on a solution and if so when is the new upgrade due. This is a frustrating problem .

Nobody here would know. If they did have some insight on that, they would have probably signed a non-disclosure agreement preventing them from discussing it.

Does it work if you log into another user account?

How about if you boot into Safe Mode?

Both of those are just troubleshooting steps to try to determine where the problem may lie. They likely won't fix it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 10:46 AM in response to Ford-62

Nobody here would know. If they did have some insight on that, they would have probably signed a non-disclosure agreement preventing them from discussing it.

Does it work if you log into another user account?

How about if you boot into Safe Mode?

Both of those are just troubleshooting steps to try to determine where the problem may lie. They likely won't fix it.

Air drop not working with Big Sure and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.