Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find AirPlay on macOS High Sierra

I have a mid-2010 MacBook Pro with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 installed.

I have just found out that my Smart LG TV with webOS has AirPlay incorporated so, I would like to mirror my MacBook Pro screen on my TV.

However I can't find AirPlay on my MacBook. Already searched for some solutions on Google but the only option that I found was to go to Screen Settings on System Preferences and turn on "Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available" which it is. However the AirPlay icon doesn't appear in the Menu Bar.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Is my MacBook too old to support AirPlay?

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 1:10 PM

There are 2 version of AirPlay: Airplay (the original) and AirPlay2. Airplay 2 would allow you to mirror your Mac on your TV (and here I mean pictures., movies etc.); unfortunately, you need macOS Catalina to do this. Yet, with High Sierra you can use the original version of AirPlay; this version will only allow you to stream audio to your TV.

For more information please see Apple's article: AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 1:10 PM in response to Joao Sacramento

There are 2 version of AirPlay: Airplay (the original) and AirPlay2. Airplay 2 would allow you to mirror your Mac on your TV (and here I mean pictures., movies etc.); unfortunately, you need macOS Catalina to do this. Yet, with High Sierra you can use the original version of AirPlay; this version will only allow you to stream audio to your TV.

For more information please see Apple's article: AirPlay system requirements - Apple Support

Can't find AirPlay on macOS High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.