Can't find or turn on Airplay so that I can mirror my Macbook Pro screen on a TV monitor

I've tried everything I've found out there on the internet. The bottom line is my year old and updated Macbook Pro does not seem to have Airplay installed and there is not Airplay app to install on it.

There is no Preferences and in System Settings/Display there is no button or pull down menu enabling Airplay.

The Find search shows no Airplay app installed.

An App Search shows no Airplay App.

I even tried to download one of the mirroring apps that will allow me to mirror my macbook pro screen to a tv monitor for a presentation. But so far, after reading the reviews, they all have problems and I really don't need problems when I'm giving a presentation to a large audience.

I'm about ready to run out and buy or rent a pC laptop to get me through my presentation.

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Airplay does not provide an over-the-air connection to an arbitrary display. Unless you are connecting to an Apple-TV DEVICE, you need to use a cable. Most presentation setups provide HDMI inputs.

If you have the 13-in model, it does not have a built-in HDMI output, so you would need an adapter like the (US$70):

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

It is a serious mistake to do a presentation without first doing a dress rehearsal, preferably in the same performance space with the same equipment you will use on show-day.

AirPlay lets you share videos, photos, music, and more from Apple devices to your Apple TV, favorite speakers, and popular smart TVs. And what you share always stays personal and private. So sit back and enjoy everything you love — in more places than ever.

AirPlay - Apple

NOT to arbitrary TV sets, only a select few. NOT more than 30 feet away. NOT to a presentation input device. NOT to an arbitrary projector. Most Presentation uses require a cable.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 20, 2023 4:41 PM in response to Farrsan

Airplay does not provide an over-the-air connection to an arbitrary display. Unless you are connecting to an Apple-TV DEVICE, you need to use a cable. Most presentation setups provide HDMI inputs.

If you have the 13-in model, it does not have a built-in HDMI output, so you would need an adapter like the (US$70):

USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - Apple

It is a serious mistake to do a presentation without first doing a dress rehearsal, preferably in the same performance space with the same equipment you will use on show-day.

AirPlay lets you share videos, photos, music, and more from Apple devices to your Apple TV, favorite speakers, and popular smart TVs. And what you share always stays personal and private. So sit back and enjoy everything you love — in more places than ever.

AirPlay - Apple

NOT to arbitrary TV sets, only a select few. NOT more than 30 feet away. NOT to a presentation input device. NOT to an arbitrary projector. Most Presentation uses require a cable.

Can't find or turn on Airplay so that I can mirror my Macbook Pro screen on a TV monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.