Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to insert the Amazon icon on the dock and launch it to access Amazon

I've read an earlier response to this request but am confused when it states:

1. "Open a "Get Info" window (Command-I) on the shortcut created in step 1.
  2. Cick the icon on the Info window.
  3. Paste.
  4. Drag the shortcut file to your Dock.

There are two icons on the "Get Info" window; one at the top-left and one under "Preview".

I've tried both with zero success. I need an explanation that is more precise in order to proceed.

Or, perhaps there is a better method. I anxiously await!

Note: I have a Mac mini late 2014, where below only the 2018 or later is shown. Perhaps my Mac is too old, as I at age 89.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 12:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 2:32 PM

Your solution has worked, but in a slightly different manner. I dragged the URL onto the desktop, then attempted to put it in the dock, but it wouldn't go. However, I clicked it from the desktop and it WORKED! I think the reason it won't go in the dock is because my Mini is a late 2014, and I'm running OS 10.13, High Sierra. Reason is that I have a couple apps that won't work on later OS's, and at aged 89 I can't bear the expense. Thanks for helping me to a solution.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 2:32 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Your solution has worked, but in a slightly different manner. I dragged the URL onto the desktop, then attempted to put it in the dock, but it wouldn't go. However, I clicked it from the desktop and it WORKED! I think the reason it won't go in the dock is because my Mini is a late 2014, and I'm running OS 10.13, High Sierra. Reason is that I have a couple apps that won't work on later OS's, and at aged 89 I can't bear the expense. Thanks for helping me to a solution.

Jan 22, 2021 2:37 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Jan 22, 2021 2:32 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Earl

Jan 22, 2021 2:00 PM in response to dialabrain

Mine doesn't even have the "@" on it but I did edit the name down to "Amazon". And, I'm using Catalina. But, I'd never actually do it that way and tossed the shortcut as soon as I tested it. I open a new browser window, command - L and start typing. When Amazon shows up, I hit return. Similar to your bookmark suggestion. Doesn't seem onerous to me.

How to insert the Amazon icon on the dock and launch it to access Amazon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.