Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't quit/delete pock touchbar app - SOLVED! :)

Hi everyone! i downloaded the pock app to customize the touchbar on my macbook pro, i didn't like it and couldn't figure out how to delete it. just wanted to share how i figured it out!!!

step 1: go to the finder app, hit the go button in the top menu bar, then press and hold the option key - this should show the libraries folder

step 2: go to libraries folder > application support > pock > widgets. delete the entire widgets folder

step 3: open the activity monitor application and search for pock in the search bar. you need its PID (on the right hand side, it should be a 3-4 digit number, like 329)

step 4: open the terminal app and type sudo kill -9 329 (but replace 329 with your PID). You'll need to enter your computer password

step 5: go to security and privacy in your system preferences and remove all permissions for the pock app. Then you can move the app to your trash.

hopefully this works!! if not, i also used the terminal app to sudo kill something called touchbar or something using the steps i found on this website: https://www.chriswrites.com/how-to-view-and-kill-processes-using-the-terminal-in-mac-os-x/

MacBook

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 6:15 PM

There are no replies.

can't quit/delete pock touchbar app - SOLVED! :)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.