Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accessing Google shared drives from Files app

I’ve connected to Google drive from the files app but it only shows MyDrive. Is there any way to connect to Google shared drives through the files app?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 9:09 AM

Actually, if you create shortcut to shared files and folders in the Google drive app, they will show under mydrive and will the show in the native files app. However, shared drives do not seem to show in the native files app. I did a short chat with apple support and they could not find a solution. I thought I would check with the person that manages the shared drive to see if there might be some Google setting that would allow access from a non Google app.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 9:09 AM in response to LotusPilot

Actually, if you create shortcut to shared files and folders in the Google drive app, they will show under mydrive and will the show in the native files app. However, shared drives do not seem to show in the native files app. I did a short chat with apple support and they could not find a solution. I thought I would check with the person that manages the shared drive to see if there might be some Google setting that would allow access from a non Google app.

Jan 23, 2021 5:01 AM in response to mdstacy

The Google Drive App will allow access to files and folders that have been shared with you - however, I don’t believe that the shared files/folders are shown in the Native Files App.

There are third-party file manager Apps that can both mount Shared Folders from Cloud Services (such as Google) and integrate with the native Files App. Of those that are available in the App Store, perhaps take a look at FileBrowser Document Manager:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/filebrowser-document-manager/id364738545

Accessing Google shared drives from Files app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.