Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Devices

I'm trying to authorize a PC in order to use iTunes. Apple says I already have 5 devices authorized, but when I look on my phone I only see 3 listed? So I don't know where to go to see the complete list and remove a couple of old devices? Do I have to pull out my now almost defunct MacBook in order to do this?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 9:30 AM

There are two different mechanisms at play. See Authorization vs. association - Apple Community for details. The list you can see is of associated devices. You will need to deauthorize all your computers, then authorize the computer(s) you want to use.

tt2

2 replies

Jan 23, 2021 8:55 AM in response to MikeHouse58

MikeHouse58 Said:

"Deleting Devices: I'm trying to authorize a PC in order to use iTunes. Apple says I already have 5 devices authorized, but when I look on my phone I only see 3 listed? So I don't know where to go to see the complete list and remove a couple of old devices? Do I have to pull out my now almost defunct MacBook in order to do this?"

-------

Three Thoughts:

• Different Account: Is it the same account? If not, then that may be why you are seeing different quantities.

• Reassociate: Also, try disassociating all of your devices, and then associating them once more.

Deleting Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.