Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sleep Watch on Apple Watch SE

I cannot find the “Sleep” app on a recently purchased Apple Watch SE.

WatchOS updated to 7.2

iOS 14.3

There is no 'sleep' app on the Watch itself.

On the Apple Watch app on the iPhone too, I can see all information about the watch, except the 'sleep' section.

Searching the App Store on the Apple Watch brings up a list of third party sleep apps, but not inbuilt Apple sleep app.

There is no sleep information in the Watch health app. Health app on iPhone does not show sleep data from the watch.

I have unpaired the watch from iPhone, reset the watch, updated the software on the Watch and iPhone to latest version, and set it up again. Still no joy, the Sleep App simply will not show on the Watch.

I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 6:02 AM

I didn't know this was a family watch you were setting up;

The following features and apps are not available: irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Blood Oxygen, Podcasts, Remote, News, Home and Shortcuts.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 6:02 AM in response to XSV1

I didn't know this was a family watch you were setting up;

The following features and apps are not available: irregular heart rhythm notifications, ECG, Cycle Tracking, Sleep, Blood Oxygen, Podcasts, Remote, News, Home and Shortcuts.

Jan 24, 2021 3:18 AM in response to XSV1

If you go into the watch app on the phone and tap on sleep there is an entry that says "set up sleep in health app",when you tap this it takes you to the setup for sleep in the health app.

Or you can go straight to the health app and scroll down and there is an entry there that says Set up sleep and a get started button.

If you don't see any of this try a hard reset of phone and watch.

Jan 24, 2021 5:36 AM in response to XSV1

I think I have found the answer to my problem.

I was trying set up the watch for a family member. 'Sleep' is not available for family setup.

I found greyed out sleep app on the watch. It does take you to the App Store, but gives a 'message not available in you region', due to family setup.

So many wise people at Apple. Can anyone sort this out?

Sleep Watch on Apple Watch SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.