Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone was stolen and I have received all types of scams

Hello all. A few moths ago, mi iphone was stolen in public transport in Madrid.

As it that wasn’t enough, since then, i have received all types of scams: apple support writing by what’s app askying me for the stolen mobile phone, SMS inviting me to log in on suspect urls an calls from Cork, Ireland ( at least 4 calls) with the purpose of steal personal information.

Also comment that i put my phone on lost mode and the last update i receive was that was located in Marocco.

Of course, they are criminal groups, so take care, dont answer these calls and change all personal passwords.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:20 AM

they are trying to get you to provide them with your appleID and password so they can remove the activation lock

read more about it

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

if you do not provide them with those, they can pretty much only use the phone for parts

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 5:20 AM in response to Anotheruserinthenet

they are trying to get you to provide them with your appleID and password so they can remove the activation lock

read more about it

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

and Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

if you do not provide them with those, they can pretty much only use the phone for parts

My iPhone was stolen and I have received all types of scams

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.