Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Photos App Smart Album Not Working - Album, Is Not, Any

For when I am organising my photos I have created a smart album that has the following filter `Album` > `is not` > 'Any`. I then know these ones need to be moved into an Album.

However I went through some albums removing photos (using `Remove 1 photo from album`) from them expecting them to reappear in the smart folder where I could reorganise them but they don't appear.

I have been able to locate some within the all photos view and I have run an apple script... (How to find out the albums a photo is in: Jacques Rioux script, Version 2019) on them to confirm they are not in an album, yet they just won't appear in the smart album. Any ideas on where to go from here...

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 9:35 AM

Read this user tip: Problems with the Smart Album Rule: Album is not Any in Photos 5.0 - Apple Community

The problem has been fixed in Photos 6.0.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 26, 2021 4:17 AM in response to Fretwellian

Fretwellian wrote:

I can see that I'm on 5, but no option to upgrade and I can't seem to find any details online for release notes and dates, my google skills have failed me again.

Can your Mac be upgraded to macOS 11 Big Sur? See this Support Page - it lists the compatible Mac model and explains how to upgrade and make a backup before the upgrade: How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

Mac Photos App Smart Album Not Working - Album, Is Not, Any

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.