Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud storage - family sharing

My wife and I have ended up with her having a 200G iCloud storage plan and I have a 50G storage plan. We only need the 200G plan. Should she just share her plan with me and then I discontinue my plan or are there other steps we should take to avoid any problems with our data?

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 10:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 11:36 AM

There shouldn't be any problems with your data. See the information in: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 11:36 AM in response to GPMmac6627

There shouldn't be any problems with your data. See the information in: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Icloud storage - family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.