Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I delete contents of /Users/Deleted Users??

I got a new MacBook Pro and migrated my user account and all data from my old one. The new machine is running Catalina.

I just noticed that the Deleted Users folder contains the entire contents of my home user directory thus doubling disk usage. My user name is the same on the old and new machine.

Is there a way to delete everything from the Deleted Users/ folder?

Thanks,

Peter

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:59 PM

Hi Peter,

If you're sure that all of the content from your previous user account is in your new user account, you should be able to delete the Deleted Users folder in Finder. You might need to provide your administrator password in order to do this.

If Finder doesn't allow you to delete the Deleted Users folder, please let me know.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 8:59 PM in response to peterduncanfoobar

Hi Peter,

If you're sure that all of the content from your previous user account is in your new user account, you should be able to delete the Deleted Users folder in Finder. You might need to provide your administrator password in order to do this.

If Finder doesn't allow you to delete the Deleted Users folder, please let me know.

Can I delete contents of /Users/Deleted Users??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.