Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought an iPhone and it has activation lock what do I do because I am unable to contact the seller

I bought an iPhone and it has activation lock what do I do because I am unable to contact the seller

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:01 PM

You most likely bought a stolen device and the seller is intentionally not responding.

Without the Apple ID and password it's asking for, the phone will be forever useless.

If this was a Craig's List or other user-to-user type transaction, you have no recourse. If this was through eBay, you may be able to file a claim for a fraudulent seller and possibly be reimbursed.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 3:01 PM in response to Estevesm2

You most likely bought a stolen device and the seller is intentionally not responding.

Without the Apple ID and password it's asking for, the phone will be forever useless.

If this was a Craig's List or other user-to-user type transaction, you have no recourse. If this was through eBay, you may be able to file a claim for a fraudulent seller and possibly be reimbursed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.