Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pixelated Macbook Air Screen

Can someone help me with a Macbook Air screen that has for some reason pixelated on the right side? I tried the NVPM restart, but that didn't work.

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 6:10 PM

Your photo is rather small to see detail, but I think I can see enough of the problem.

Which version of MacBook Air? (Year of model). It looks like a display problem so if this is a new machine and still in warranty your best plan is probably Apple Service. Check warranty status at Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support and use link https://getsupport.apple.com/ to start arranging repair.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 6:10 PM in response to mycomputerneedshelp

Your photo is rather small to see detail, but I think I can see enough of the problem.

Which version of MacBook Air? (Year of model). It looks like a display problem so if this is a new machine and still in warranty your best plan is probably Apple Service. Check warranty status at Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support and use link https://getsupport.apple.com/ to start arranging repair.

Jan 24, 2021 6:27 PM in response to mycomputerneedshelp

Unfortunate. I suggest give others time to come up with alternative suggestions before you commit to Apple Service.

One thought. Does it look like the display has lost the right edge, or is the expected picture compressed with random noise on the excess width? (The extreme right end of the menu bar is usually time/date).

If you have an external display available and the means to connect it, that will show whether it is a fault in the display itself. Making a screen capture (Command+Shift+3) and emailing it to your iPhone so you can view the picture on a different screen will show whether the video drive system is the problem.

Pixelated Macbook Air Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.