Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV App on Smart TV - Home Video watching

Hello,

I have two of the Samsung series 7 smart TVs that have the built-in Apple TV app. I have several videos listed as home videos that show up on my iPad and iPhone in my Apple TV app but when I use the smart TV Apple TV app I don’t have a category in the library that shows home videos. Is there a way that I can watch my home videos through my Apple TV app on my smart TVs not just necessarily on my own smart TVs but on any smart TV that happens to have the Apple TV app available to it? If yes can someone point me to the directions on how to do this please?

Thank you for the assistance.

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman

UNU7100,

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 9:26 PM

2 replies

Jan 25, 2021 7:31 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Hello,

thank you for letting me know. That was very helpful to me so I don’t go chasing around for a solution or a workaround. It would be a nice feature to have built into the app because people do wind up getting videos that they would like to be able to share and not everybody has the hardware but lots of manufacturers do include the app.

I did find A workaround where I was able to put the files into my Google drive and use the Internet feature on my smart TV to log into my Google drive and play them from there. It is less than perfect in the solution because the videos do stall from time to time but I think that’s more of an ISP situation with everybody being at home during the CCP virus pandemic and using their Internet.

Once again thank you for letting me know so I’m not chasing my tail for no reason.

Sincerely,

Wonder Woman

Apple TV App on Smart TV - Home Video watching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.