Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume increasing when plugging in headphones

I have an iphone SE (gen2) and i use headphones with a 3,5mm to lightning adapter. If i unplug the lightning adapter on the phone and plug back in the volume increases about 70% of the time. The headphones has one button for play/pause. If i toggle play/pause the same thing happens. The volume increases most of the time.

I have rebooted the phone several times. This started when I updated to iOS 14.3. I have tried a new 3,5mm to lightning adapter as well as new headphones of the same sort.

This is really annoying since my ears have gotten blasted with too loud volume when i drive my car and use the button and other situations. Am I alone on this? I haven't found any good hits when searching for it. Is it an iOS bug? Can I do anything but wait for an update? Can i notify developers about this problem noone seems to write about?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:12 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 27, 2021 6:49 AM in response to uffefromörebro

Greetings, uffefromörebro!

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you're having issues with the volume on your iPhone increasing when you connect your headphones. Let's start by checking out this article to Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and be sure you are updating to the latest iOS version available.

Since you're using a wired connection for the headphones, do you have a case on the iPhone? If so, and can you remove the case and see if the volume still goes up a level when connecting. Does the issue happen when using wireless headphones?

What about if you go to Settings > Sound & Haptics > Change with Buttons and change this setting. Does that make a difference?

Let us know the results and take care!

Volume increasing when plugging in headphones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.