Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low impedance headphones are too loud, even on minimum volume.

I recently purchased a set of low impedance headphones (around about 20Ω). These work great with my iPhone XS, but on my iPad Air 3 it is far too loud, even on minimum volume. I can only assume this is due to the iPad having a more powerful amp built-in, but even after activating and maxing out ‘reduce loud noises’ in Settings>Sounds, the lowest available setting is just barely tolerable, but anything lower causes the music/media to abruptly cut out. Is there any other way to reduce the volume range of my iPad with these headphones, or should I start looking for some higher impedance headphones? If so, is there a suggested Ω range I should specifically keep an eye out for?

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2021 2:31 PM

For just music and the iOS/iPadOS Music app, ib the Settings app under Music, you could try all of the different EQ settings.

Similar questions

1 reply

Low impedance headphones are too loud, even on minimum volume.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.