Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting a sound system to the mini m1 2020

Good Evening. :-)

(My text got lost, so there is a second item with pictures only...)

I've got the new Mac mini m1 and an older sound (multimedia/home cinema-) sound system

with an integrated 5.1. amplifier (Motiv 5), and a decoder-station, both made by Teufel.

I would like to know if there is a way to connect this devices.

Maybe there won't be any surround sound but halfway acceptable stereo quality

would be enough for me ... at first.

Would that work? And if so, what do I need?

Thank you very much for your support!

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 11:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 12:48 PM

Surround won’t be possible, but Stereo might, by connecting your Motiv 5 to the mini’s headphone out as shown below. Note that your system expects a Line Out which the mini doesn’t provide. However, a headphone out could work if you keep the volume on the mini at a low level and use the Motiv’s volume controls instead.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 12:48 PM in response to Gone_in_a_click

Surround won’t be possible, but Stereo might, by connecting your Motiv 5 to the mini’s headphone out as shown below. Note that your system expects a Line Out which the mini doesn’t provide. However, a headphone out could work if you keep the volume on the mini at a low level and use the Motiv’s volume controls instead.

Connecting a sound system to the mini m1 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.