Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Volume Control not working With Bluetooth Speaker

Recently connected my Bluetooth speaker to my IMac 2019. The volume control F11/F12 Buttons are functional, as I can see the dots go up and down. However, the actual output level of the speaker does not change at all. I have to either change it in the player (ex. Youtube, Soundcloud, etc) or on the physical speaker (Bose Soundlink #1). However, when I use the F11/F12 Buttons on my pluggable headphones, the output level changes. Any notes on how to fix this?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 6:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 4:22 AM

JJminikit wrote:

Recently connected my Bluetooth speaker to my IMac 2019. The volume control F11/F12 Buttons are functional, as I can see the dots go up and down. However, the actual output level of the speaker does not change at all. I have to either change it in the player (ex. Youtube, Soundcloud, etc) or on the physical speaker (Bose Soundlink #1). However, when I use the F11/F12 Buttons on my pluggable headphones, the output level changes. Any notes on how to fix this?

Verify your user preference in Sound, see if there is a change there.

>System Preferences>Sound

Set up a Bluetooth audio device to work with Mac - Apple ...

Change the sound output settings on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 4:22 AM in response to JJminikit

JJminikit wrote:

Verify your user preference in Sound, see if there is a change there.

>System Preferences>Sound

Set up a Bluetooth audio device to work with Mac - Apple ...

Change the sound output settings on Mac - Apple Support

Jan 26, 2021 9:32 AM in response to JJminikit

JJminikit wrote:

Output is "Bose SoundLink", I've also found that my gaming headphones which had a separate dials on the headset to control chat and game volume is now mixed to one dial.

If you are running Big SurI would wait and see what the macOS 11.2 issues are sorted and restored.

Bluetooth is on the list

I would expect to see it within a week or two.

If you are running Catalina verify your software is up to date.

You can alway s search the developers website for known issues.

Volume Control not working With Bluetooth Speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.