Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing an audio file

I need to remove small sections of a mono .wav audio file, and just have silence in its place when I join the regions that I actually need, in order to export a single, complete .wav file. It used to work with Join, but now Join just reverts the gap back to the original audio that I removed using split, select and delete Has something changed? How do I do it now?

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 2:16 PM

yoyoBen wrote:

Yes, it has changed. And even adding a fade doesn't help. I also don't like it.
Now, you have to use "Bounce in Place". And in order to get the same result like before, you have to enable "Bypass Effect Plugi-Ins".

Don't use the "Join" command, use "Join per Tracks" command instead.

The Join command is more of a "re-Join the Region based on the underlying Parent Audio File". The Join per Tracks command will create a new Audio File (and Region), more like a "merge the existing Regions (Parent Audio FIle segments) to a new continuous Audio File (Audio Region).

No need to Bounce in Place, it is just too "messy" for this quick edit.

Hope that helps

羅德 佳.

Author of the best-selling book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM)"

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 2:16 PM in response to yoyoBen

yoyoBen wrote:

Yes, it has changed. And even adding a fade doesn't help. I also don't like it.
Now, you have to use "Bounce in Place". And in order to get the same result like before, you have to enable "Bypass Effect Plugi-Ins".

Don't use the "Join" command, use "Join per Tracks" command instead.

The Join command is more of a "re-Join the Region based on the underlying Parent Audio File". The Join per Tracks command will create a new Audio File (and Region), more like a "merge the existing Regions (Parent Audio FIle segments) to a new continuous Audio File (Audio Region).

No need to Bounce in Place, it is just too "messy" for this quick edit.

Hope that helps

羅德 佳.

Author of the best-selling book series "Graphically Enhanced Manuals (GEM)"

Editing an audio file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.