Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two factor authentication

Does anybody else have a problem with Apple force-feeding us to factor authentication? I’m not one of those people who always has their phone attached at the hip so what happens when I need to use my iPad and it wants to authenticate me and I don’t have a phone anywhere nearby. How am I supposed to use my product when I can’t “authenticate” myself. There’s got to be a better way.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 9:53 AM

Your iPad can be set as a trusted device and then you can authenticate from that very device instead of reaching for your phone.

A trusted device is an iOS device or a Mac on which you’ve signed in with your Apple ID using two-factor authentication. It’s a device we know is yours and can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 9:53 AM in response to chillesq2013

Your iPad can be set as a trusted device and then you can authenticate from that very device instead of reaching for your phone.

A trusted device is an iOS device or a Mac on which you’ve signed in with your Apple ID using two-factor authentication. It’s a device we know is yours and can be used to verify your identity by displaying a verification code from Apple when you sign in.

two factor authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.