Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text problem with my iMac and iPhone

When I send a text to my ex from my iMac, it goes to her iPad but not to her iPhone; when I send a text from my iPhone, it goes to her iPhone, and not her iPad. I want my texts to appear on both devices, regardless of how I send them. Any thoughts?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:35 PM

Hi alanpell323,

Please make sure iMessage is turned on, on all devices, and all devices are using the same Apple ID, and both of your Contact information is the same on all devices. Also, make sure that text message forwarding is on: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 10:35 PM in response to alanpell323

Hi alanpell323,

Please make sure iMessage is turned on, on all devices, and all devices are using the same Apple ID, and both of your Contact information is the same on all devices. Also, make sure that text message forwarding is on: How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Jack

Text problem with my iMac and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.