Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are all my calls being silenced?

What if I don’t want my calls silenced at all! I am missing plenty of calls because calls get silenced when the iPhone is locked. I see no options for letting calls get through regardless of whether phone is locked. Am I the only one having this problem?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 12:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 12:35 AM

Some of the reasons are listed below which may silence your calls

1. DND status
  2. Bed Time schedule
  3. Call Audio Routing method
  4. Ringer Volume level
  5. Call Forwarding to another number
  6. Silence Unknown Callers [Enable] Calls status : Only numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages ring your phone. All others are diverted to VM
  7. Have you done any of these; decline a call and send it directly to voicemail, by doing one of the following:
    1. If iPhone is unlocked, tap Decline.
    2. If iPhone is locked, press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) twice quickly.
    3. On your EarPods, press and hold the center button until you hear two low beeps.
    4. To be reminded to return the call, tap Remind Me, then choose when you want to be reminded.
    5. To respond with a text message instead of answering, tap Message, then choose a reply or tap Custom.
    6. To create your own default replies, go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.
    7. Block unwanted callers: In Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail, tap  to see a caller’s contact card, then tap Block this Caller. Or go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts. You don’t receive voice calls, FaceTime calls, or text messages from blocked callers. All are diverted to Voicemail

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 12:35 AM in response to kametu

Some of the reasons are listed below which may silence your calls

1. DND status
  2. Bed Time schedule
  3. Call Audio Routing method
  4. Ringer Volume level
  5. Call Forwarding to another number
  6. Silence Unknown Callers [Enable] Calls status : Only numbers in Contacts, Mail, and Messages ring your phone. All others are diverted to VM
  7. Have you done any of these; decline a call and send it directly to voicemail, by doing one of the following:
    1. If iPhone is unlocked, tap Decline.
    2. If iPhone is locked, press the side button or Sleep/Wake button (depending on your model) twice quickly.
    3. On your EarPods, press and hold the center button until you hear two low beeps.
    4. To be reminded to return the call, tap Remind Me, then choose when you want to be reminded.
    5. To respond with a text message instead of answering, tap Message, then choose a reply or tap Custom.
    6. To create your own default replies, go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any default message and replace it with your own text.
    7. Block unwanted callers: In Favorites, Recents, or Voicemail, tap  to see a caller’s contact card, then tap Block this Caller. Or go to Settings > Phone > Blocked Contacts. You don’t receive voice calls, FaceTime calls, or text messages from blocked callers. All are diverted to Voicemail

Why are all my calls being silenced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.