Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SD card showing up but saying there is no content in it

I inserted my SD card into my iMac and there was 12GB of content on the card. I tried to copy the content into my documents but my computer wouldn’t let me and all of a sudden the SD card started showing up blank. I looked at the info and it says the SD card is still holding 12GB of data, so I don’t think the files are lost?

I tried to eject the SD card but I got a message saying “The disk wasn’t ejected because one or more programs may be using it.”

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 2:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 5:34 AM

Hi Sophie_03,

Try shutting down your Mac, unplugging the SD Card, then turn your Mac back on, and plug it in again. If the files are still invisible, try using First Aid. Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support - Just make sure to select your SD card if you run it, not your internal iMac storage.

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 5:34 AM in response to Sophie_03

Hi Sophie_03,

Try shutting down your Mac, unplugging the SD Card, then turn your Mac back on, and plug it in again. If the files are still invisible, try using First Aid. Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support - Just make sure to select your SD card if you run it, not your internal iMac storage.

Cheers,

Jack

SD card showing up but saying there is no content in it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.