Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sections in Pages’ Page Layout Mode

I’d like to have Sections in my document with Page Numbering starting from ‘1’ at each Section start and Page Count applying to each Section (not the document). Is that possible in Page Layout mode? I am not using the default header and footer fields.

Pages version 8.1 (6369)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 6:58 PM

In a Pages Page Layout document every page is in a different section.

In a word processing document, each page is added automatically as it becomes necessary to contain the text in the Document body. Page layout documents cannot work in the same manner as they do not have a Document body to contain the text controlling the number of pages needed.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 6:58 PM in response to Wikisnoodle

In a Pages Page Layout document every page is in a different section.

In a word processing document, each page is added automatically as it becomes necessary to contain the text in the Document body. Page layout documents cannot work in the same manner as they do not have a Document body to contain the text controlling the number of pages needed.

Regards,

Barry

Jan 27, 2021 2:21 AM in response to Barry

Thanks for that – frustrating! I understand that each page is a section, but I’m not sure of the logic behind leaving those of us working in Page Layout mode with no option but whole document numbering. Luckily, my document is only about 40 pages long and for my use only, so I’ll number by hand and try to remember if alts occur!

Sections in Pages’ Page Layout Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.