Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hello, I need to recover my ipad via my MacBook Pro.. i am not sure what cord i need to use as my macbook does not have an USB port

hello, I need to recover my ipad via my MacBook Pro.. i am not sure what cord i need to use as my macbook does not have an USB port

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 8:19 AM

Hi lisaplaster1,

Your MacBook Pro should have at least 2 USB-C ports available. This is not the same as conventional USB (type A).

Depending on the type of charging port your iPad has, you'll need one of the following cables:

If you already have an existing Lightning to USB cable that works with your iPad, you could purchase a USB to USB-C adapter to connect that cable from your iPad to your MacBook Pro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2021 8:19 AM in response to lisaplaster1

Hi lisaplaster1,

Your MacBook Pro should have at least 2 USB-C ports available. This is not the same as conventional USB (type A).

Depending on the type of charging port your iPad has, you'll need one of the following cables:

If you already have an existing Lightning to USB cable that works with your iPad, you could purchase a USB to USB-C adapter to connect that cable from your iPad to your MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.