Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore my iPad Air and plug in the cord into my MacBook if the MacBook doesn't have a place to insert the cable?

How can I restore my iPad Air and plug in the cord into my MacBook if the MacBook doesn't have a place to insert the cable?

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 11:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2021 11:29 AM

This happened to me with my new iPad Air 4 and MacBook as well.

Some computers are just too old and don’t have the right ports that give the Mac the ability to connect to an iPad. There are certain third-party cables which should work. Amazon has these cables. Search up ‘(your model iPad) charger’ and see which ones work with both your iPad and your Mac.

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2021 11:29 AM in response to Yara2528

This happened to me with my new iPad Air 4 and MacBook as well.

Some computers are just too old and don’t have the right ports that give the Mac the ability to connect to an iPad. There are certain third-party cables which should work. Amazon has these cables. Search up ‘(your model iPad) charger’ and see which ones work with both your iPad and your Mac.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.