Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Customize Toolbar is Greyed Out in Safari Big Sur View>Customize Toolbar

I can no longer customize my toolbar in Safari Big Sur. The option is greyed out. I have removed all extensions and deleted plists (all 4 folders). I have also attempted to clear the cache remove website data. I have also re-installed MacOS Big Sur, but the Customize toolbar option remains greyed out in Safari Big Sur. THe setting is found under View >Customize Toolbar. Strangely enough Customize Touchbar shows.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 8:05 AM

Hello tekfranz,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble with your Mac's toolbar. It looks like the option is greyed out and you can't customize your toolbar. You've already tried several troubleshooting steps to try and resolved this issue. We're happy to help. Next, let's try testing this issue in safe mode and a new user account with administrative access. Testing in a new user account helps to make sure the issue is not related to files or settings in your user account. Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS:

The resources below can help:

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 8:05 AM in response to tekfranz

Hello tekfranz,

Thanks for reaching out in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble with your Mac's toolbar. It looks like the option is greyed out and you can't customize your toolbar. You've already tried several troubleshooting steps to try and resolved this issue. We're happy to help. Next, let's try testing this issue in safe mode and a new user account with administrative access. Testing in a new user account helps to make sure the issue is not related to files or settings in your user account. Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software as it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS:

The resources below can help:

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac

Cheers!

Customize Toolbar is Greyed Out in Safari Big Sur View>Customize Toolbar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.