Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exported Mailbox from Sidebar did not export the messages.

Hi Mac Community!

I exported four mailboxes that I categorize under the On My Mac. When I exported them, they did not export the messages included in the folder. ( I exported the .mbox onto an external hard drive.)

I checked the mail in the Library and those folders were gone too.

However, I tried another mailbox and that exported fine.

Can you please tell me what I could have done wrong with the others?

My Mailbox storage is over 14G and I'd like to feel confident that I can export and archive safely.

Thanks so much!

Gesua

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 2:37 PM

Hi there Gesua Galante,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you exported mailboxes on your Mac that did not include the emails inside of them, but another mailbox did work as expected. Do you still have the emails from the mailboxes that did not export properly? If so, does it work if you try exporting the mailboxes again? Make sure you follow these steps:

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac

We hope this helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 2:37 PM in response to Gesua Galante

Hi there Gesua Galante,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you exported mailboxes on your Mac that did not include the emails inside of them, but another mailbox did work as expected. Do you still have the emails from the mailboxes that did not export properly? If so, does it work if you try exporting the mailboxes again? Make sure you follow these steps:

Import or export mailboxes in Mail on Mac

We hope this helps!

Jan 28, 2021 6:43 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Chuck,

Thank you for helping me with this. Yes, I did export the mailbox, I neglected to open it, which is what I realized and was able to having a working export. Fortunately it was only one folder but had a lot of emails. I couldn't find the folder in my Time Machine but from what I read the folder is in there somewhere but can't seem to access my Mail from my Time Machine. I'll do more research on that!

Thanks again for your help!!

Exported Mailbox from Sidebar did not export the messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.