Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mid 2020 13" MacBook Pro short battery life

Hello!

I have been using the 13" MacBook Pro 2020 (non-M1) for 6 months and have noticed that the battery life performance has been significantly less than what was advertised. On a full charge, my mac will last for about 4 hours even though the only apps running are safari (not video streaming), notes, and OneNote. I made sure to close any unused apps and turn off unnecessary connections (such as bluetooth). Many reviews report at least 7-8 hours of use under similar circumstances.

Here is some other information about the mac:

MacOS: 11.1

Battery cycle count: 149

Battery condition: normal

Optimised battery charging

Automatic brightness: on

I usually leave my mac plugged in during use, for several hours at a time. Could this have caused the loss in battery life? Please advise me on what could be the cause of the shortened battery life and how I can fix that. Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 26, 2021 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 6:45 AM

noahsyt wrote:

Hello!

I have been using the 13" MacBook Pro 2020 (non-M1) for 6 months and have noticed that the battery life performance has been significantly less than what was advertised. On a full charge, my mac will last for about 4 hours even though the only apps running are safari (not video streaming), notes, and OneNote. I made sure to close any unused apps and turn off unnecessary connections (such as bluetooth). Many reviews report at least 7-8 hours of use under similar circumstances.

I usually leave my mac plugged in during use, for several hours at a time. Could this have caused the loss in battery life? Please advise me on what could be the cause of the shortened battery life and how I can fix that. Thank you!

My battery runtime is low

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054#runtime

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2021 6:45 AM in response to noahsyt

noahsyt wrote:

Hello!

My battery runtime is low

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204054#runtime

Mid 2020 13" MacBook Pro short battery life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.