Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clean install Big Sur and restore App+Settings from backup

Hi,

I wondering how to do it.

I must do a Clean install, but I am worried about re-settings of all applications that I installed on my account.

Is there any option that will be able to restore from backup all applications (or those that I select), including their settings?

Will Time Machine handle it and recover data (make on Catalina) on the new system (Big Sur)? or maybe use any third-party backup utility?

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 2:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 3:45 AM

Personally, seeing that a third-party App like "Clean my Mac" was installed and used to make space - I too would do a Wipe and Clean install. That App ( Clean My Mac ) is considered as very very bad for causing big problems on macOS and even delated things required by the Operating System.

Suggest to uninstall Clean My Mac as per the Developers Instruction and check how the computer functions without it. Then try this link to see what is using the space on the computer.

If still not satisfied How to Reinstall macOS from Recovery Mode

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2021 3:45 AM in response to Najkon

Personally, seeing that a third-party App like "Clean my Mac" was installed and used to make space - I too would do a Wipe and Clean install. That App ( Clean My Mac ) is considered as very very bad for causing big problems on macOS and even delated things required by the Operating System.

Suggest to uninstall Clean My Mac as per the Developers Instruction and check how the computer functions without it. Then try this link to see what is using the space on the computer.

If still not satisfied How to Reinstall macOS from Recovery Mode

Jan 27, 2021 3:32 AM in response to PRP_53

It's only my sugestion to make clean install.

I don't have much free space to upgrade. Had only 10G free space on disk.

I trying remove everything what i can find in Google.

I use third-party soft utility to clean my mac - still have (wow) +1G more.

Everything get something called " Other " in "About mac -> Storage "

That is what i I have decided to make clean install.

and I hope to this step to unlock my mac from high CPU/disk/ram usage even if I do nothing :|

Clean install Big Sur and restore App+Settings from backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.