Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore only selected Applications?

I've done a clean install of Big Sur and want to restore only a small selection of the applications I had previously (those I know to be Big Sur ready).

The data transfer option in Migration Assistant only provides an all-or-nothing option for the Applications folder from my Time Machine backup.

Is there an alternative to re-installing each application one by one?

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 3:25 PM

Hi cdeeble,

There are several ways to reinstall Applications.

If an Application is Chrome for example, you can just re-download a fresh and new copy. If you have an app that uses a license key, you can just re-enter your key.

If there are still specific apps you need, for some apps you can restore them from your backup after initial setup, others not. If you had lots of apps, I would just restore them all during setup, just to be safe

Cheers,

Jack

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 3:25 PM in response to cdeeble

Hi cdeeble,

There are several ways to reinstall Applications.

If an Application is Chrome for example, you can just re-download a fresh and new copy. If you have an app that uses a license key, you can just re-enter your key.

If there are still specific apps you need, for some apps you can restore them from your backup after initial setup, others not. If you had lots of apps, I would just restore them all during setup, just to be safe

Cheers,

Jack

How can I restore only selected Applications?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.