Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Boot Install Windows 7 on MacBook (13-inch, Late 2009) aka MacBook6,1 (High Sierra)

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my bad english, and also a newbie here...

I've been trying to install Windows 7 64-bit on my Macbook6,1 (on HighSierra 10.13.6) for the last 2 weeks, with and without Boot Camp Assistant, with and without ISO burnt DVD disk with USB device. I did the many different things you could imagine to run / boot the windows installer to my Mac, did the Boot Camp drivers download and stuff. I also tried different partition combinations to run win7, such as MBR with FAT32, or even NTFS using 3rd party software. Two things: 1. Maybe I'm missing some point (I hope), 2. I just can't install Windows 7 on my machine.

INTERESTING FACT: using rEFInd to boot load, I have different options, every option but one gives me a black screen. If I "Boot Fallback boot loader from EFISECTOR", and I press F8, I open the Windows "Windows Boot Manager -> Advanced Boot Options" with different options. Almost every options (including Safe Mode), turns into a black screen. BUT, on Safe Mode with Command Line, or Network Tools (I think) it loads some Drivers and than it freezes on the last loaded driver: disk.sys

My guess is that I'm having problems with the graphical Drivers, maybe Mac is turning it off, or maybe something is happening right there...

Sorry for the long text, I'm very open to suggestions, and besides the fact I'm not a SuperUser, I am good at following instructions and also have some prints. I hope someone could give me a light to continue or just leave it.

Thank You!

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 3:32 PM

Hello again! Problem fixed!

1. I flashed an 8Gb+ USB on a Win10 machine with MS DVD/USB tool and original Win10.ISO;
  2. I partitioned my HDD using Disk Utility and Tuxera TNFS (free trial) to NTFS;
  3. Installed rEFInd bootloader program;
  4. Rebooted Mac to rEFInd booting screen and selected Boot from USB;
  5. Installed Win10 on NTFS partitioned disk's side;

And then, to avoid unwanted drivers to break your system:

1. On installing process, don't connect to Internet;
  2. After installation, go to Services and disable Windows Update;
  3. Connect to WiFi and set it to "Metered" connection (WiFi only);
  4. Create a Recovery Point to make your progress on installations in case your system breaks.
  5. Install some Boot Camp Drivers.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 3:32 PM in response to Andreas-TheAppleUser

Hello again! Problem fixed!

1. I flashed an 8Gb+ USB on a Win10 machine with MS DVD/USB tool and original Win10.ISO;
  2. I partitioned my HDD using Disk Utility and Tuxera TNFS (free trial) to NTFS;
  3. Installed rEFInd bootloader program;
  4. Rebooted Mac to rEFInd booting screen and selected Boot from USB;
  5. Installed Win10 on NTFS partitioned disk's side;

And then, to avoid unwanted drivers to break your system:

1. On installing process, don't connect to Internet;
  2. After installation, go to Services and disable Windows Update;
  3. Connect to WiFi and set it to "Metered" connection (WiFi only);
  4. Create a Recovery Point to make your progress on installations in case your system breaks.
  5. Install some Boot Camp Drivers.

Can't Boot Install Windows 7 on MacBook (13-inch, Late 2009) aka MacBook6,1 (High Sierra)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.