Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac suddenly started uploading 240.000 Files to iCloud

My iMac suddenly started uploading 240.000 (and counting) Files to iCloud.

I therefore tured off iCloud Drive in the System Preferences which say "Turning off…" now since forever.

What could cause my System to upload such a huge amount of files, out of the blue.

I am on macOS High Sierra, the latest OS my iMac supports.

Thanks, Mario

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 8:29 AM

Hello, Lindsay,

Thank you for your response. I waited, until the process of turning of the iCliyd Drive Aervice was finished. After that turned on the iCloud Drive Service again and all seems to work fine.

Cheers!

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 31, 2021 12:01 PM in response to zothynine

Hi there, Mario,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're having trouble with an unexpected, large amount of files are attempting to upload to iCloud. We'd be happy to help!

Based on what you've described, we would recommend quitting any open apps: Quit apps on Mac - Apple Support, then restarting your iMac in safe mode: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support. See if iCloud attempts another upload, still says "Turning off..." or if it appears to be doing nothing.

Should the issue continue after that, test it out in a new user: Set up users, guests, and groups on Mac - Apple Support.

Don't hesitate to respond back if you still need some help.

Cheers!

My iMac suddenly started uploading 240.000 Files to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.