Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Keypad whilst on the phone

This is probably very stupid, and I didn't used to have any problem. If I'm answering an automated call, the sort one gets from ones bank, and they ask you to input a four number code, I never get it right anymore. I either end the automated call, because only the red button on the phone is there, or if the green button is there it thinks I'm trying to dial that number. This must be simple surely? I can speak the code obviously, but sometimes they don't understand. What on earth am I doing wrong. Phone when it rings also, sometimes has a band at the top with a small green and red button, other times, larger ones towards bottom of screen. Seems to be no logic or reason.

As I said, probably just being stupid, but I'm getting on, trying to keep up, but the day will come where I'll level off I think. Trouble is it annoys me tremendously, not being able to understand something. Using an iPhone XR.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows what I'm talking about.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 11:02 AM

Hi ziggy15,

We understand you're trying to access the keypad screen in the phone app. We're happy to help.

When you get a phone call and it just has the banner, you can bring up the full screen phone app by either tapping on the contact name/phone number to the left of the call and end buttons, or swipe down on the phone banner at the top. Then when you have the full screen phone app opened, you can press the keypad button to bring up the dialer screen.

You also mentioned the different call screens that you see. The incoming call screen will vary. If you're using the phone when the call comes in, it will just be the small call banner at the top of the screen. If the phone is locked and not in use when the call comes in, you'll see the typical full screen call page.

Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone

We hope this helps. Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 11:02 AM in response to ziggy15

Hi ziggy15,

We understand you're trying to access the keypad screen in the phone app. We're happy to help.

When you get a phone call and it just has the banner, you can bring up the full screen phone app by either tapping on the contact name/phone number to the left of the call and end buttons, or swipe down on the phone banner at the top. Then when you have the full screen phone app opened, you can press the keypad button to bring up the dialer screen.

You also mentioned the different call screens that you see. The incoming call screen will vary. If you're using the phone when the call comes in, it will just be the small call banner at the top of the screen. If the phone is locked and not in use when the call comes in, you'll see the typical full screen call page.

Answer or decline incoming calls on iPhone

We hope this helps. Take care!

Using Keypad whilst on the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.