Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving duplicate text messages on iPhone 12

When I forward something to myself I get the message twice. For instance, if I see an article I want to keep for a short time I will send it via text to my own number. But I receive the forwarded article twice. Can this be fixed.? It is not duplicate notifications.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 11:30 PM

Thank you for your reply. It is annoying that I then have to delete one message since I do this often but your answer makes sense. I thought I was doing something wrong to cause this.

Is there any way you know how to stop the Google voice from reading aloud my results? I have everything turned off in Google settings and it is still doing it. Called Apple phone help and they have no idea. It is driving me nuts. Had it off on my old iPhone 7 and then the battery got very bad and it still starting reading the results about half the time. This happens when I use microphone to do voice search. Again, thank you.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 11:30 PM in response to Axel Foley

Thank you for your reply. It is annoying that I then have to delete one message since I do this often but your answer makes sense. I thought I was doing something wrong to cause this.

Is there any way you know how to stop the Google voice from reading aloud my results? I have everything turned off in Google settings and it is still doing it. Called Apple phone help and they have no idea. It is driving me nuts. Had it off on my old iPhone 7 and then the battery got very bad and it still starting reading the results about half the time. This happens when I use microphone to do voice search. Again, thank you.

Jan 29, 2021 8:12 AM in response to PetiteJolie

Regarding your Google related issues, you may need to contact Google support. The reason I state that is because the Google Voice app (all Google Apps) is developed by Google and not Apple. This is the reason why Apple was unable to help you. I do not use any google products, at this time, so I will not know the answer to that as well.

Axel F.

Receiving duplicate text messages on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.