You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro M1 11.1 Pink Screen Crash Restart

M1 Macbook Pro purchased late Dec 2020 running Big Sur 11.1 seeing repeated crashing and restarting. A pink screen flashes up for a second prior to a hard restart.

Macbook is not running particularly hot and app usage at time of crash varies. The crash occurs approximately 1-2 times a day with moderate use.

A possible cause is that there is a "Satechi USB-C Pro Hub with 4K HDMI & Thunderbolt 3" plugged in, with a Thunderbolt power cable and a 1080p monitor connected by HDMI.

The pink screen crash is being reported by a number of users here and on Reddit however Apple Support seemed unaware of the issue as of yesterday 28/01/21 and after an hour of chat support the only advice I received was to uninstall all 'non Gatekeeper' apps (unacceptable).

I have submitted crash logs and run diagnostics, would appreciate a definitive analysis from Apple as this is clearly affecting a number of users who have bought into their new M1/Big Sur platform.

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 12:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2021 12:09 PM

Exactly the same issue, "dart-disp0". My M1 is connected to a Dell 27 inch monitor via usb-c with no dongle between. Kernel panics 1-3 times per day.

Small hint: Often happens when I hit backspace key for some reason. Could be coincidental ...

4 replies

Apr 11, 2021 12:08 PM in response to josephASC

Hi josephASC. I am having the exact same issue with my MacBook Air M1. It's only been a couple of days since I bought it and it seems like it crashes with the pink screen once every few hours. The crash log is also pretty much the same as yours. I am using a USB-C adapter of a local brand with only a USB keyboard + mouse and a HDMI TV connected to it. Did you manage to figure out what was causing your issue?

Macbook Pro M1 11.1 Pink Screen Crash Restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.