You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pink screen crash MacBook Pro 13" M1 (bought on July)

Hello!

I was programming on VSCode (C programming language) and after some time, My Mac gets crashed (pink screen), restarted and I got this problem description:

It is the second time I get this issue.

What should I do in this situation?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Aug 14, 2021 10:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:53 AM

When an M1-based device, such as a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) or MacBook Air (13-inch, M1, 2020), crashes with a flash of a pink screen, leading to a reboot, this indicates a kernel panic.

Fortunately, the issue is not hardware-based, and a Hardware Test is not necessary. It is likely that the error is reproducible with a different Mac. A kernel panic suggests that there is a bug in macOS, as all user-space exceptions should be handled properly.

You should see a "Your Mac was restarted because of a problem" screen after the machine reboots. By clicking "Send to Apple", Apple developers will be notified of the specific bug and will fix it in future versions.

In order to avoid kernel panics, use the most recent version of macOS. Specifically for your issue, it appears that the panic may have been triggered by a USB accessory such an external drive. Could you try to reproduce the panic without said accessory?

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 31, 2021 7:53 AM in response to 33Unknown33

When an M1-based device, such as a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) or MacBook Air (13-inch, M1, 2020), crashes with a flash of a pink screen, leading to a reboot, this indicates a kernel panic.

Fortunately, the issue is not hardware-based, and a Hardware Test is not necessary. It is likely that the error is reproducible with a different Mac. A kernel panic suggests that there is a bug in macOS, as all user-space exceptions should be handled properly.

You should see a "Your Mac was restarted because of a problem" screen after the machine reboots. By clicking "Send to Apple", Apple developers will be notified of the specific bug and will fix it in future versions.

In order to avoid kernel panics, use the most recent version of macOS. Specifically for your issue, it appears that the panic may have been triggered by a USB accessory such an external drive. Could you try to reproduce the panic without said accessory?

Aug 15, 2021 10:45 AM in response to 33Unknown33

33Unknown33 wrote:

Hello!

I was programming on VSCode (C programming language) and after some time, My Mac gets crashed (pink screen), restarted and I got this problem description:
<MacBook Pro M1 pink screen crash error.log>

It is the second time I get this issue.

What should I do in this situation?

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"—

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line https://getsupport.apple.com/

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Pink screen crash MacBook Pro 13" M1 (bought on July)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.