Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New M1 Macbook has crashed multiple times

My new 2020 Macbook keeps crashing. This has happened about 7 times in the last 2 months which quite worrying considering I've only had it for about 3 months. Sometimes when it crashes I get a flash of pink colour before it blacks out. I've read reports of this happening much earlier in the year and it still doesn't seem to be fixed? Other times, the computer completely freezes and I have to do a hard reset. Occasionally the mouse will become quite laggy. It goes from feeling smooth (normal) to feeling quite jagged in movement. This seems to be temporary and resetting the laptop usually fixes it but it's still annoying. Anyone else having similar issues?

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 4:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 5, 2021 5:17 AM

ElmonShark wrote:

My new 2020 Macbook keeps crashing. This has happened about 7 times in the last 2 months which quite worrying considering I've only had it for about 3 months. Sometimes when it crashes I get a flash of pink colour before it blacks out. I've read reports of this happening much earlier in the year and it still doesn't seem to be fixed? Other times, the computer completely freezes and I have to do a hard reset. Occasionally the mouse will become quite laggy. It goes from feeling smooth (normal) to feeling quite jagged in movement. This seems to be temporary and resetting the laptop usually fixes it but it's still annoying. Anyone else having similar issues?

Uninstall any and all third party Antivirus, Cleaners, Optimizers, VPN, speeder uppers....

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 5, 2021 5:17 AM in response to ElmonShark

ElmonShark wrote:

Uninstall any and all third party Antivirus, Cleaners, Optimizers, VPN, speeder uppers....

New M1 Macbook has crashed multiple times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.