Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

new iPhone WiFi speeds slower than older iPad.

So I have the new iPhone Pro Max 512. And a 7th generation iPad.

I have WiFi6. And gigablast internet service.

When I run speed tests on my home network the iPhone is always about HALF the speed of the iPad.

I've double checked all the settings to make sure they are on the same WiFi and same overall settings.

I've rebooted both devices.

I've rebooted my router.

I'm not running a VPN on either device. I'm not running any security or anti-virus software either.

Any suggestions on how to figure out what's wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Don

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 3:33 AM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2021 10:05 AM in response to arizonadonn

Hey arizonadonn,

We understand your iPhone 11 Pro Max is experiencing about 50% of the Wi-Fi speed you're getting on the same network on your iPad. We'd be happy to help out.

To get started, we'd like to confirm you're only experiencing this with Wi-Fi and not having any issues with cellular, correct?

Also, please disable Bluetooth by going to Settings > Bluetooth, and then test things out further and let us know the results.

Let's also test things out with LTE disabled, which can be done by going to Settings > Cellular. Lastly, if neither of these steps help, we'd also suggest restarting your modem/router for your network and then also restart your iPhone and test things out further.

If things don't improve, reset your network settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings, reconnect to your network and test further. Keep in mind when completing this step any passwords for Wi-Fi networks will have to be entered in again, so be sure to have that information handy. Keep us posted on the results and we'll go from there!

Take care.

new iPhone WiFi speeds slower than older iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.