Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I re-enable iCloud Photos?

I disabled iCloud Photos on my MacBook Pro (13", early 2015).

I went to System Preferences / iCloud and re-checked "Photos", but nothing happened. I clicked on "Options", as well as "Manage" (at the bottom right); but neither helped in any way.

I looked at several online articles. None of them helped.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 6:19 PM

3 replies

Jan 30, 2021 2:05 PM in response to mulberry58

On my iPhone, I went to Settings / Photos / iCloud Photos and turned them on.

However, when I go to...

https://www.icloud.com/photos/

...it says Photos are disabled.

On my MacBook Pro, when I go to System Preferences / iCloud, it says "Update Apple ID Settings: Some account services will not be available until you sign in again." I've signed in several times but it doesn't change anything; the "Update Apple ID Settings" message keeps showing up.

Jan 31, 2021 2:57 AM in response to ykt28403

iCloud Photos has been disabled on all your devices and new photos and videos are no longer uploading to iCloud.

There are currently 54 photos and 0 videos in your iCloud Photos

Original format, full resolution versions of your photos and videos are not stored on your devices. You must download your full resolution photos and videos to at least one device before they are deleted from iCloud Photos in 30 days.

To download your photos and videos to an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 8 or later:

1. Connect to a power source and Wi-Fi.

2. Go to settings, tap on your account, tap iCloud, and then select Photos.

3. Tap Download and Keep Originals.

If your library exceeds the storage space available on your device, you can download your photos and videos to your Mac or PC from iCloud.com.

If you do not want iCloud Photos turned off, you can turn it right back on your iOS device:

1. Go to Settings and tap iCloud.

2. Select Storage and tap Manage Storage.

3. Select iCloud Photos and Undo Delete.

The second half of your question in the discussion - On my MacBook Pro, when I go to System Preferences / iCloud, it says "Update Apple ID Settings: Some account services will not be available until you sign in again." I've signed in several times but it doesn't change anything; the "Update Apple ID Settings" message keeps showing up.

Will be answered if you wish in next post , do you use 2FA or secondary authentication account .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.