Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mdm restriction, ipad air 2020

so recently my iPad was locked(?) by the school as for education use, which is that MDM thingy. Somehow, I'll need the iPad for some business use, but the MDM made it impossible for me to do my work on it.

I don't have any other budget for another iPad, neither can I ask the school to unlock it since I'll need at least one device at school, and apparently they wouldn't accept this reason.

I've tried hard reset, or factory reset by using i-cloud. but none of them seems to work. The MDM has restricted the function of linking the iPad to other devices by using USB cables. and therefore I couldn't let my mac handle that.

If anyone knows how to bypass or wipe out data of my iPad PLEASE tell me how. I really need the iPad as my work tool.

I know some might tell me to leave it be, but I really need a financial source, situation nowadays yk.

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 10:29 AM

If you purchased it, then the MDM profile is removable by you unless it was enrolled in Apple Business Manager. You would need to discuss the issue with the school if that is the case.

Similar questions

3 replies

mdm restriction, ipad air 2020

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.