Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Added MDM Server, but only option is "Erase iPad"

Hi Everyone.

I could use some help with Apple Business Manager and my MDM.

I used Apple Configurator 2 on a cell phone. I scanned the QR code and device I was adding, an ipad, states

"Assign this iPad to an MDM Server in Apple Business Manager to configure its enrollement settings and enable Automated Device Enrollment."

I logged into Apple Business Manager and assigned the device to my MDM Server. Then I went to my MDM, in this case MS Intune, and synced the device over. I can now see the device and I assigned it a profile.

However, nothing has changed on the iPad itself. I still see the same message with the only option being "Erase iPad." It is not clear where I'm suppose to go from here.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2023 8:56 AM

Not all profiles can be installed on a manually enrolled iOS/iPadOS/tvOS device. Manually enrolled devices (excluding macOS) do not necessarily get supervised. This is a requirement for many functions of MDM. Typically when enrolling in an MDM, you want to do a wipe and enroll to enable full management capabilities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2023 8:56 AM in response to JohnFall11

Not all profiles can be installed on a manually enrolled iOS/iPadOS/tvOS device. Manually enrolled devices (excluding macOS) do not necessarily get supervised. This is a requirement for many functions of MDM. Typically when enrolling in an MDM, you want to do a wipe and enroll to enable full management capabilities.

Added MDM Server, but only option is "Erase iPad"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.